The bustling city of Sydney is home to more than 5 million people. It boasts a sunny climate, a stable economy, and the comforts of a premier city.
One thing that can dampen your Sydney living is the overall state of your property. Forgoing its maintenance and repair will affect your quality of life and the value of your home in the long run.
But as a homeowner, when is the best time for kitchen and bathroom renovations in Sydney? Pay attention to these situations:
- You Can See Growing Moulds
Moulds are fungal spores that can increase the risk of allergies and respiratory diseases. They can also make your home smell musty.
These fungal spores multiply fast, given the right combination of elements. Darkness and moisture are often the combining features abundant in your kitchen and bathroom.
When moulds are still few, you can remove them with the right cleaning supplies. If they have left untouched for a time, it’s best to call professionals for help.
Moulds can go beyond the surface. They may already be penetrating the flooring or the inner walls.
Letting an expert kitchen and bathroom renovations in Sydney do it is a way of protecting your health and the market value of your home.
- Your Home Have a Child or a Senior Adult
Both children and senior adults need specific home layout requirements to make the spaces safe for them. For example:
- Children need more free spaces to move around.
- Senior adults may need safety equipment, such as railings in the bathroom.
- Flooring in these areas should reduce the risk of injury, such as slipping and falling.
- Kitchen supplies must be out of reach of the children.
- The bathroom may need to be more significant in case the senior adult has to use a cane or a wheelchair.
Your home must reflect the changing needs of its residents.
- You Want to Increase the Value of Your Property
One of the best reasons to do kitchen and home renovations in Sydney is to increase the market value of your house.
Sure, these are big-ticket home improvements. Updating a kitchen may cost you around $20,000, and a bathroom may mean spending $30,000 if you want it to be luxurious.
The good news is these projects can reward you handsomely. Domain estimates that a kitchen upgrade could add $100,000 value into your home. So does the bathroom renovation as well.
Increasing your property value can come in handy when:
- You are ready to sell your house.
- You’re planning to apply for a bigger mortgage or even a business loan.
- You want to increase your net worth.
- You like to lease your property but attract only certain groups of tenants like high-net-worth individuals.
- Your Kitchen and Bathroom Are Stuck in a Different Era
You may be an old soul, but your bathroom and kitchen don’t have to shout the seventies. If upgrades can increase home value, not doing an update can decrease it. After all, it sends all the wrong signals. It may seem like you are not a responsible homeowner.
If you’re planning to sell it, it’s challenging to let your buyers see the potential of the space. With the help of experts, you can learn to find ways to update the look while letting it express your personality.
Overhauling the kitchen and bathroom can be costly, yes, but they remain wise investments. Your efforts today may pay off well in the future.