Construction sites are dangerous, and be it the workers or the people who are visiting the site; it is essential for them to follow a set of protocols so that they can be safe all the time. From PPE to the rules and regulations that you have to follow, there are a lot of things that you have to know about when you are working on the civil construction site, and this article will cover them all.
Basic PPE Equipment
The below-listed products are parts of basic PPE equipment, and they are mandatory when you are visiting civil constructions. There are several other PPE products too, and people need to wear them depending on their work and purpose.
- Helmet- Helmet is something that every person working in the civil constructions must wear at all times. Everyone else other than the workers who are visiting the site should wear one as well. There is no exemption when it comes to helmet or a hard hat under any circumstance.
- Safety Glasses- Air of the areas where civil constructions are going on can be filled with a lot of dust and other harmful particles. These tiny airborne elements are absolutely dangerous for your eyes, and it is essential to wear safety glasses to protect them. These safety glasses will ensure the safety of your eyes.
- Hand Gloves- The work on construction sites is not easy, and there can be many situations where a worker needs to lift heavy things, using sharp objects in their hands. In such cases, a pair of high-quality hand gloves will offer you the necessary protection from getting injured. Wearing hand gloves is another crucial safety measure that one should not ignore in a construction site.
- Vests- The specialized safety vests come with radium that always illuminates, making one clearly visible from a distance. It is important to wear these vests, especially for the people working there, and it will ensure their safety on civil constructions.
- Protective Shoes- One needs to make sure that they are wearing quality protective boots with adequate grips. A worker is required to work at various different surfaces, and a protective shoe can provide him with enough confidence to carry out his job efficiently.
These PPE items depend on the particular work that workers do at civil constructions. They are not mandatory for everyone, though.
- Protective ear gear: Heavy machinery and equipment that make loud sounds are common sights on civil constructions. If you are in charge of operating any such tool, or you need to go close to such machinery while it’s being run, it is advised to wear ear protection for your hearing safety.
- Face shields: Welding shields and other specialized face shields attached with safety glasses are necessary if the situation demands.
- Protective mask: If you are bound to handle lots of debris, fiberglass, and other tiny elements in a construction site, a protective mask designed to prevent such microscopic particles from entering your respiratory system is a must.
Proper Material Storage
The material storage in civil construction is one of the major things that you need to take care of. A construction site must have a storeroom space where you can securely store all the equipment and raw material once you are done using them for the day.
Health and safety measurements play a very important role in civil constructions. These sites can be dangerous for the people without sufficient safety gear, and the builder needs to take necessary care to ensure the safety of everyone involved in the project.
– This is a guest post not written by this websites’ owner.