There are various tiles available with changes in patterns, textures, and designs. But most people want ceramic tiles in their bathrooms. The works in the bathroom tiling for ceramic are preferable due to the following reasons: Ceramic tiles are easy to maintain. You just have to clean the tiles with water whereas, for dark stains, any cleaning substance can remove the stains. The durability of the ceramic tiles has made it one of the popular bathroom and kitchen tiles. Various textures and designs are available that will give your bathroom uniqueness. The tiles have glossy appearances to different colorful designs.
Among all the categories of tiles, ceramic tiles have been the most affordable product. Comparing to other tiles, it is a cost-effective bathroom tiling product. The tiles are available in different sizes that ensure the appropriate match to the floorings. It is not only for the floors but also for the walls of the bathrooms.
What do you need for the bathroom tiling?
As you begin with the bathroom tiles’ work, there are certain things that you have to check. The checklist should be sorted before the work begins. So that you can discuss the complete work and the time required. It is when you are living in the house and one of your bathrooms is in the renovation.
When you choose bathroom tiling, you need to consider several things. You can choose large or small tiles, and you can install sleek, contemporary, or textured tiles on your bathroom. So it will be very difficult to choose the best bathroom tiles and you can hire an expert to renovate your space.
The checklist that should be followed is:
- Base work: The base work is essential for the settling of the tiles on the floor. The base work should be smooth and free from lumps. Lump formation may provide difficulty in leveling of floor tiles. So, before installing the tiling in your bathroom, you need to make the base of your bathroom smooth.
- Removal and disposal: Removal of old tiles and disposal is for old bathrooms. Removal and disposal of tiles’ wastes should be done by the appointed contractors. They should also help in the disposal of the tiles to save space. Removing wastage is the most important factor.
- Grouting and adhesives: They are essential for both surfaces that have a new surface or an old. It will enable the bathroom tiles to settle properly.
- Waterproofing: Waterproofing work is mandatory to avoid damages to the parts of the walls and floors. It is done before the work of bathroom tiling. Nowadays chemicals available in the market which can completely make your bathroom waterproof.
- Sealant: Sealant is a permanent solution to keep away the damages through water and moisture.
- Other tools: Laborers and workers carry the tools and equipment for laying tiles in a bathroom. It consists of pencils, spacers, trowel, grout float, and tile cutter.
These are the main checklist that should be prepared before the start of the bathroom tile work.
How important is bathroom tiling?
It is essential to have tiles in the bathroom, but it is not necessary. You do not want to consider them in your bathroom interior. Few factors make bathroom tiles a necessity for the floors and the walls. You can place tiles in an old bathroom or replace them. If you want to put tiles in your new bathroom, it is also possible as there are various kinds and quality of materials for tiles.
There are tiles with distinctive textures and features that give the bathroom. Not only has an aesthetic but supports the walls and floors from any kinds of damages. It is one of the main reasons that tiles are for the flooring work and the wall tiles.
Many people do not want to opt for the tiles for the prices, as it seems expensive to the buyers. It is an additional expense when you need an extra labor charge and also spends for the tiles per square foot. It may seem to be a luxury for some people. But it is always better to have bathroom tiling work instead of simple concrete work that will lead to saving money on maintenance of the bathroom.
-This is a guest post not written by the websites’ owner